Branding yourself online with a facebook fan page can be one of the best ways to create an online brand that gets results. Here are some ways that you can use a facebook fan page to create your online brand:
1. Create a fan page that focuses on you and what you offer that is unique.
2. Use your picture or a banner or logo with your picture as your fan page picture.
3. Update your fan page at least once a day. Make your updates relevant to the content of your page and ask questions to encourage interactions.
4. Invite as many people as possible to “like” your page in as many different places as possible. This includes your blog, website and other online locations.
5. Add regular valuable content in the form of articles, blog posts, videos and other content to your fan page. Make the content relevant to the online brand you are creating with your fan page.
6. Use polls, live video and other applications to get your fans to interact with you, give you feedback and to become active participants of your page.
7. Use the FBML application to build your email list and to offer something of value for free to your fans.
8. Share portions of your fan page and invite your friends to also “like” your page.
9. Focus your fan page as much as possible on your “you” brand and on what your unique selling position and on what you can offer that no one else can.
10. Use the discussions feature and invite people to participate.
11. Consider offering a discount on products you sell to your fans.
12. Make promoting your fan page and your online brand through it a high priority.