Use Your Free Adwords Coupon!
It's Literally "Free Money!"
Stop procrastinating you'll be mad at yourself later.
First and foremost let me say: This is not a Google ad and I am in no way affiliated with Google Inc. other than my own private Adwords account.
Listen, I'm fairly new to the emarketing business and I know that most "newbies" look for cheap or free ways to drive traffic to your site, get clicks, or sell your products. I'm included in this group. Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?
Google has found a way to get around all the marketing Scrooges out there. Their answer "free money". They have sent out Adwords coupons for $100 dollars to start your marketing campaign. They said that you had to use it by December 4, 2009 or it will drop to $75 dollars until the expiration date which is tomorrow December 31.
Guess what I just found out minutes ago?
Being my usual procrastinating self I threw the coupon on my dresser and forgot about it until yesterday. I just signed up for my new account today December 30, and I still got credited for the full $100(woopie!).
A few quick facts about signing up even if you don't have a product to promote yet:
* They subtract $5.00 for account activation, so its really $95 dollars credit they are giving you. But who wouldn't pick up $95 dollars just lying on the ground?
* you do not have to create a campaign today (they give you 14 days from sign up to apply to your new Adwords account.) People signing up tomorrow have until Jan 13, 2010 to apply your credit.
*a credit card is required.
* you must have at least $10.00 on your credit card balance to sign up.
* they have a feature that allows you to cap your actual cash pay out to as little as $10.00
* lots of free tools to help you get started and on target (its in their best interest for
you to make money so they give you plenty of help.)
What you need to do:
1. Get a credit card if you do not have one.(and maybe if you do.)
- I wanted to get a separate credit card for my new Adwords account so I went to Walmart and got one of those pre-paid Visas for $3.00. I loaded the card with $50 bucks to start(you need at least $10).
- I intend to direct all affiliated payments for this particular keyword group to this credit card for better account tracking. That way I can see how much I'm spending on this ad campaign and how much money I'm making all on one statement.
_ This also makes it impossible for me to go over budget.
2. Go to the website on the card and sign up.
_ make sure you check prepaid option even if youare using your regular credit card this stops your ad spend at an amount you choose.
3. Choose the max. you are willing to spend per click(CPC) and your daily ad budget.
_ If you only account for The free $95 thats 95 free $1.00 clicks for your min. $10 bucks you had to pay.
_ And a whopping 1950 $.05 clicks!
_ Add your $10 to that and we're talking 2010 clicks for less than the cost of a hair cut.
4. If your haven't decided on what to promote yet, don't put anything in the "put ad here" spaces and hit continue.
_ You can go back later after you've done your research and created an ad on "notepad" or paper.
_ Where it says start date go to advanced options and choose when you want your ads to start showing.
*If I understand correctly the latest date you can put is Jan 13, 2010 for your coupon credit to remain valid.
5. Do your research!
_ Google gives you a great starting place and have some pretty good tools for you to use. My favorites are Keyword Tool, Conversion Tracking, Ad Placement Tool, and Website Optimizer (Test, Test, Test).
_ Adwords beginners guide(there are people paying $100's of dollars for this info.) Its under Aw help section.
6. Create keyword groups, post ad, and test till you're satisfied with the results.
If you've capped your budget the most you've lost is $10. It's a no brainer.
GOOD LUCK in your marketing endevours.