Squidoo is the world's most popular site for people who want to build a page about their passions. Highlight books, blogs, vids, online shops, or just spread the word about stuff you love. Bonus: you raise money (for you or charity) at the same time! It's fast, free, and supereasy.
Squidoo shares advertisements revenue, once you reach $1 you can request payout via PayPal or you can choose to donate all or a part to charity.
Register Squido here, fill your preferences, then you can hit a button to start building your first lens, just follow steps:
1. What's your lens about? - Be as descriptive as possible
2. What do you want to do with your lens? Choose: "I want to get the word out about ..". (easiest option)
3. Choose lens title & URL (be as descriptive as possible again & use relevant keywords, especially URL, because you can't change it later), choose your category & rating (all public, adult ..).
4. Choose your keywords - Choose them carefully to make sure people find about the topic you discuss in your lens when they search Squidoo
After Fill All the Steps, Then click the "Done!" button.
When your lens is created it's not yet published, you need to customize it first:
At the start there are many modules, I will talk about some of them, but you can add any number you wish (or delete the ones you don't need):
1. Title module: It's the first & has already the title you chose when you created the lens (but you can change it).
2. Introduction module: As the lens is supposed to promote your blog, click on "edit" button & add a description or introduction to your blog + you can add a picture.
3. RSS module: this module will make your lens auto-updated whenever you update your blog! (details below)
4. Links module: You can add some links of you sites (& get traffic + backlinks) or the sites you like.
5. Guestbook module: This one will allow visitors to leave comments.
How to setup RSS module?
1. Click on "Edit"
2. Add a title & if you wish subtitle & description
3. Add your blog RSS link, for blogger, the link is http://your-blog.blogspot.com/rss.xml
4. How many headlines would you like to show? Choose "15"
5. Would you like to include an excerpt from each link in the feed?? Choose "Everything" or "100 characters"
6. How frequently should the module be updated? 6 or 12 hours
7. Would you like to display HTML in the excerpt? Yes
8. Click on "Save"
Now hit "Publish!" button, your 1st lens is live!
Refer a friend to be a Squidoo lensmaster. When your friend's lens earns its first $15, you AND your friend will each get $5, free!