Most of us who have been around a while can testify to the following statement:
99.99% of the "programs" listed in popular forums end up "closing shop" and they stop paying. In fact...I can't think of a single company that didn't eventually "close".
However, with that said, there are more modest returns based companies that do actually use Forex, but the onus is on YOU to do your research to not only find them, but to then verify their actual trades and returns.
I can help you with what to look for and what to run away from, because over the course of 6 years, I've seen just about everything under the sun when it comes to scams, and I've personally been "bamboozled" "scammed" "conned" and "thrown under the proverbial bus". (It's a good thing I have thick skin.)
1. DEMAND to see a live demonstration of one of their accounts trading. (Do not accept a Demo Account.) If they give you any reason or excuse of why you they can't show you a presentation and explain how their trading system works.....it is fraudulent with 100% certainty. If they give you an excuse or reason or ignore your request to show you a live account? Move on. There are many other fish in the sea.
2. Any company/program promising you returns of 1% daily or making any promises whatsoever about implied positive returns is a scam. Any legitimate company that is doing real trading CANNOT make promises.......and more than likely they WILL end up with Negative weeks and in some cases Negative months. ((It is not humanly or robotically possible to have a positive day....week...or even month.......every single time....there WILL Be losses. This is real life investing......it is NOT to be viewed in the short term, and what you want to monitor is results by the Calendar QUARTER....or even better by the Calendar YEAR!)
3. Use the website: hedgefund.net to see what the top money management firms in the world are producing. The latest disaster with the EUR limited growth and returns for MOST money managers. In March the average return for the entire year for funds was about 2%........(So how can a company do 1% daily without fail? They cannot.) Their ARE funds out there that are doing 40%-90% a year but MOST of them require you to have a very large Net Worth before you are "accepted" into their inner circle.
4. Any company that tells you they compound weekly is a scam. Forex does not just "compound" at the push of a button....you have to turn up the Lot Size....and for the sake of safety you must keep the lot size in proportion with the account balance. For example, I know of a company that trades 8 pairs, and they use a .03 lot size on a $220,000 account......if they tried to compound weekly.....their drawdown would escalate and the account would melt.......period. (Compounding weekly does NOT happen......Forex returns are based on LOT SIZES!!!!)
5. I'm looking at a banner called eForex Investment as I type this....12% weekly 45% monthly? LOL....SCAM! (Make that 45% yearly.....and we MIGHT have a winner......but not in the case of eForex.....)
6. About that LIVE DEMONSTRATION? Do NOT settle for a one time showing.....in fact they should offer these demonstrations daily and they should ENCOURAGE you to come back again and again so that you can track the results AND the trades for yourself. (More on this below...)
7. 95% of YOUR investment strategy should be DUE DILLIGENCE and RESEARCH with only 5% of your time actually engaged in "sending money"
8. A good strategy:
A. Find a company you wish to research and find out when/where/how they provide live demonstrations of their trading system.
B. Make sure you understand Forex by going to websites like babypips so that when you are watching the demonstration you understand everything you are looking at.
C. ASK QUESTIONS! Ask LOTS of questions!
D. Keep a journal or notepad with the relevant numbers. This would include: "Drawdown" "Balance" "Profits/Losses"
E. Download your own copy of MetaTrader4 (you can google and find this free download) .....once you have done so, open up the pairs that the company you are researching is trading.....this way you can now follow the markets and if you've been keeping notes on the positions of their account from day to day, you can see where the pairs need to go in order for the company to profit.....that way the next day when they are showing you several thousands in profits you can verify it!!!
If you keep in mind items 1-8 and you perform steps A-E with diligence, then you are WAY ahead of the curve and you have reduced your chances of being scammed 1000 fold.
Best of luck, and happy investing!!
~Free Your Life, Live Your Dreams~
Oceanside Forex Managed Accounts are now live. Our website at www.oceansideforex.com is under construction with new content being added daily.
In addition to that we host daily webinars showing our live managed account(s) in action, and we take Question and Answers from all attendees.
No hype, no promises, just a willingness to demonstrate to you daily the phenomenal product we have developed over the past few years.
I will update this thread with Webinar Registration times/links.
~Free Your Life, Live Your Dreams~
President of Oceanside
Note-- Managed Accounts start at $250,000. (We realize most people do not have that kind of capital to begin their own fund, and if this is the case for you, then we invite you to still attend one of our live webinars, and if you like what you see you may head into the MLM section of this forum under the Oceanside topic and contact your favorite leader for Private Options on how to get started for less than $300.)
Working at home is a complete blessing, and thanks to Google it has become a reality for thousands of people all over the world.
Today I'm going to teach you a simple method for generating traffic by using Google from the comfort of your home!
When I mean at home, I mean literally in your pajama's at home with your coffee in the morning, and you're little ones (if you have them) scampering all over the place, with the sound of cartoons (in my case Hannah Montana) in the background.
But I digress….
The key idea here is that you can start a blog today, about anything that you LOVE, and begin generating a growing list of readers and traffic immediately by using a simple system with Google.
Step 1: Open up your own Adwords account. (This is a step by step follow the on screen instructions procedure if you simply go to Google.com and click "sign in" in the upper right hand corner you should be good to go. If for whatever reason you can't get this to work, simply leave me a comment here and I'll help you with the entire process.)
Step 2: Think about what you LOVE. What are you passionate about? When I think of my own list I came up with:
For my blog I chose, Internet Marketing.
Step 3: Once you have made your list. Choose 1 of your topics, and create a free blog either at: wordpress.com, blogger.com or typepad.com (These 3 platforms are great, they are free, and they are where most of us bloggers get started!)
Step 4: Open up your Adwords account. Click on Tools. Click on Keyword Tool. Now you will be looking at a screen where you can enter in a keyword, or a series of keywords. This morning I used the term:
"profit at home"
SECRET NINJA TIP: In your day to day routine, now that you are reading this article on how to generate traffic using google at home, you will every so often think of a brilliant keyword, or search term. WRITE IT DOWN!!!!!!! Because in the morning when you are "struggling for content" you will have a long list of keywords that you can plug in and instantly find yourself a Niche Keyword that you can compete in the Search Engines for by using the simple method below!!!
After I typed in "profits at home" and clicked "get keyword ideas" I scrolled down. This keyword tool gives you several columns of information and for the purpose of todays lesson we will ONLY be looking at:
Advertiser Competition & Approx Average Search Volume
Obviously if the Advertiser Competition bar is FULL that means there is VERY HIGH COMPETITION on that Keyword on the Google Search Engines. (It IS possible to compete with them….but NOT as a Beginner!!!)
Assuming we are all beginners here, I scrolled down….and down…..and down….until I saw that the term:
google at home
This term had very little competition (the bar was not very full) and the average search per month was 1,900.
What this means is that in this article, which has mentioned the keyterms several times, (in a READABLE…..NON SPAM format) I have a very good chance at ranking well in the search engines. **Now if you are reading this article close to the time I write it….Google will not have had a chance to "crawl" this article yet and update me in the search engines. This process can take up to 2 weeks or so I've been told.
In a nutshell I follow this basic routine for every blog article I write, and as a result my traffic, and Alexa rankings increase consistently each and every month. (I started this blog about a week ago, and my Alexa ranking has gone from over 5 million to 2.2 million. ………The lower the Alexa Ranking the better. I will be in the hundreds of thousands and dropping soon. Keep coming back and watching that number!)
1. I brainstorm an ever growing list of keywords and phrases that I can plug into my Google Adwords FREE Keyword Tool.
2. Each morning I plug a few phrases in, and look for a term that has moderate to low competition, and a decent amount of monthly traffic. (I generally aim for a term that gets at least 1,000 hits per month or more…..but if you are a REAL beginner, you can even go down to terms that only get 100 hits per month. The lower the numbers and competition, the higher the likeliness that you will rank on page 1 of Google for your term.)
3. I incorporate my term in my title, and I make sure that the term and my title are relevant to what my blog is all about. (In this case…..Internet Marketing. My title is VERY specific and my Readers know instantly what they can expect from this blog article as soon as they click on my link in Google.)
4. I write the article, using general conversation speach, and sometimes a little of my whacky humor, and I incorporate all of the terms several times throughout the article, making sure not to be SPAMMY, and making sure that my content is something that readers will actually find useful!
5. I publish my article, and watch my traffic, readers, and mailing lists grow each and every week. At this time I have two blogs, and I'm working on a 3rd, and each of them is experiencing a growing trend of traffic.
By using Google at home, and this simple system each and everyday you (and even your Mom!….sorry Ma!), can generate a lucrative series of traffic to any blog at any time.
To Our Success,
I'm not exactly new per say, but I guess I've never introduced myself on this forum.
I've been around this industry for the last 4 years. I've seen the catastrophies, I've participated in some, and I've learned that most of these programs are ultimately ponzis. Most meaning 99.5% of them.
That doesn't mean that a smart person cannot go and make money.
The rules I've learned: (The rules that cost me thousands to learn)
1. If it promises you a set return per month. Run. No company on the planet can guarantee you 20-30% a month to an ever expanding membership base and still pay referral fees etc. It's a ponzi, that will eventually fail. (Right now I'm seeing an advertisement on the right promising 250% after an hour.........uggh do people really join that?)
2. NEVER risk more money than you can afford to outright Lose. Never max out a credit card or risk any money that you need for bills, house payments, college etc.
3. Get your original principle money out as fast as you can, and then you're only gambling with profit.
Practice these 3 rules and you will save yourself a lot of grief.
While I don't personally participate in surfs or hyips, I will always pay homage to forums such as these because this is how my career began. Forum postings and a blog.
Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone!
Favorite Money Making Moment: Going Silver in Via Viente in my first 10 days earning $2,747.
Amount of hours spent on the MMG forums daily?: 0-1 Hour
Local Time: May 23 2013, 11:29 PM
24 Apr 2012 - 12:24
19 May 2011 - 20:49
2 Mar 2011 - 22:11
4 Feb 2011 - 6:41
17 Jan 2011 - 18:21
There are no friends to display.