Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is Trident Confidential Scam?
gregdokovic
post Jan 13 2010, 05:09 AM
Post #1

New MoneyMaker

Group: Member
Member No.: 194,789

Have anyone subscribed to Trident Confidential Newsletter? What is your experience and does it look alright?

http://www.tridentconfidential.com/page.php?name=Subscribe

I have watched this website for a while and now interested in subscribing. Much appreciated your opinion on this.

Greg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paid Advertisement

gregdokovic
post Jan 17 2010, 03:20 AM
Post #2

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 194,789

Looks like no one here can provide any advice regarding this investment newsletter.

+Quote Post
JonathanDevine
post Mar 6 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #3

MMG Member

Member No.: 201,590

QUOTE (gregdokovic @ Jan 17 2010, 09:20 PM) *
Looks like no one here can provide any advice regarding this investment newsletter.

I know Trident Confidential very well and can confirm it is legit. Lance Spicer does know his stuff, and although he can be quite abrupt if you question him, he does get good results.

--------------------
Underground ETF Trading that gives YOU the "Unfair Advantage"!
ETF Funds

For More Information Check Out My Blog:
High Performance ETF Funds Trading

+Quote Post
ashtonohara
post Jun 22 2010, 07:46 PM
Post #4

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 222,570

Trident Confidential and Lance Spicer are a complete scam!!! Buyer beware. He claims huge returns 90%+ that he cannot justify. I have subscribed to him for two years and the only reason I made money is because I used my technical trading skills on his and my stock recommendations.

He knows the basic of company fundamentals however he jumps on the bandwagon of www.investors.com strategy for most of his fundamental analysis for his US stocks. Be careful of his recommendations in Australia. Buy his stocks only when the chart shows the right time. I assume he tries to beef up the stocks he currently has by recommending them at the time that suits him. Then pulling out once all his subscribers push a stock price up and then they all get heavily stopped out with large losses.

He uses ETF's to make big returns in the US and he only takes into account his gains not his losses on these trades. There is no way you can check his returns and even when it is obvious that he couldn't make these returns he lies anyway. Anyone can make high returns by making it up!!! The Australian financial bodies should check into him as his practices are very unethical.

He created this scam newsletter by studying and working with scammers in his past. He writes all about it in his books!

He hides his street address and does not make clear the value of his trades and times. Also he won't let susbcribers have a forum to discuss his trades as some subscribers I spoke to complained about.

You have been warned! Good luck and good trading!

Ashton

+Quote Post
Guest_SteveRT_*
post Jul 7 2010, 04:49 PM
Post #5

Guests

I have to say, I have been a subscriber to Trident Confidential for over 3 years and for Aston to say he is a scam is ludicrous. I have personally made quite a lot of money from Spicer's advice and one thing he doesnt do is pump up the price and then sell his stock. If you had been a subscriber he puts strict buy prices on all his stocks and every week tells people not to pay more than a price very close to market. In fact. he often tells his subscribers to wait and buy below the current market. He very rarely wrong in his calls, and yes he does sometimes recommend ETFs as most stock picers do these days, and you are right he does make money. As far as not including losses, this is just not true - he details every transaction every week and exposes all his losses which are included in his total return. I don't know Mr Spicer, so don't really know what he's like, but I don't like reading things that aren't right. I have tried lots of newsletters and I now only subcribe to his and I think he's doing a pretty good job considering what the markets have just been through. A forum would be a good idea, but he does answer all readers letters and complaints in his newsletter each week. I know because I wrote a letter to him and he answered it the next week. I'm very happy with his work. Steve.
PS. I'll be letting Mr Spicer know about this post, I think its a bit much!

+Quote Post
Guest_Dragonwire_*
post Jul 22 2010, 12:45 PM
Post #6

Guests

Been a subscriber for nearly a year and I have to say it's the first time I've been impressed by a stock picker. Trident's stock picks are spot on.

What I can say is that there is more to the newsletter than just master stockpicking.

To get Lance Spicer's returns you have to follow 2 strategies.

1. He always sets his buy prices a few percent below where the market is and does so in 2 part allocations. One lower than the other.

2. He employs a strict stop loss strategy placed at a certain perecentage below the recent high.

These two trading strategies work superbly well and have proven to me that this is a newsletter worth listening to.

As I have followed these strategies from day one, my returns have been almost exactly the same as the newsletter's although I don't weigh my stocks evenly like they do.

If you find you don't get his returns - its probably because you haven't followed his rules. I know another subscriber, who complains that she doesn't get his returns, but then she constantly ignores the buying rules and doesn't set her trades where he actually tells you to. Trident are always telling subscribers to be patient, but the less experienced ignore his advice and then complain later. Me? I stick by the rules and I get the returns - Totally impressed!!

+Quote Post
Guest_wombat01_*
post Jul 22 2010, 05:19 PM
Post #7

Guests

I have been a subscriber for 3 years and I love it! The instructions are clear, easy to follow and I think the information just keeps getting better. I have made great returns from following the picks. There are clear buy up to prices and sell indications, so I have never had any issues.

I have quite a few friends involved now as well and we all agree - you'd have to be a bit of an idiot, if you can't follow the instructions and aren't making any money.

I have never seen any evidence of market manipulation - his is the only newsletter I have seen that does not do this. He always tells us about the buys before he buys and I regularly get better prices than he does. I think he is the real deal - what you read is what you get. I have learned a huge amount along the way. I like that you get a market and economics lesson too. Sometimes, we get caught up in emotions - he helps put confusing situations into perspective and gives clear guidance as to how to act to certain news, market happenings etc. It has only ever resulted in a winning strategy for me.

I agree totally with dragonwire. If you follow the rules you will make money - guaranteed! I have had amazing returns and similar to the ones Spicer posts. Totally impressed!! Would not give up my subscription for anything and would recommend it to anyone who is interested in making money from stock market investment.

+Quote Post
KarenRose
post Mar 10 2011, 12:38 PM
Post #8

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 292,177

If you want proof that Trident Confidential and Lance Spicer check out results of his new management fund at: http://www.amhonline.com.au/trident/ .

Lance can say whatever he wants in the newsletter because it is not audited and is based only on what he says. Here is a fact: Fund started 1 December 2010. As at 28 February it is at 4% return in 3 months when the Dow Jones was up 8%. What would be your return when the market falls! You do the math...

And remember he says he averages 90% return a year. In the last month he made 1.4%. Now that he has had 3 months he should be fully invested and that means per annum he is returning 16.8% and the last month was his best result. That is NOT 90%. Case closed.

+Quote Post
JamesJR
post Jul 13 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #9

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 324,358

I invest in Australian and US stocks, I am a dual citizen and have retirement funds in both countries. I have been a subscriber for 1-1/2 yrs. In that time I have had some great recommendations, ISRG, ALTR, etc, some great profits.
However, Lance is geared towards people that are full time market traders. He acknowledges that. I have seen a lot of his recommendations stopped out with 8% losses (his recommendation) and I have no idea how much that represents in $ because I invest for immediate term. I have to let my losses ride so I don't make what he touts. My brokeage prices are very high in my retirement funds so I cannot play that game. However, his recommendations are very respectable and compared to the many other sources of information I obtain, I would say he knows his economics, in fact, I was say his predictions are uncanny at times. I am a grad of the Uni of Hard Knocks, I obtain backup sources to his recommendations.
I agree with some of his critics. Full disclosure would show how much money is made and lost, both in his newletter and his Investment Fund. I doubt if I will invest in his Fund until I see full disclosure (maybe it is out there, I haven't found it).

I think some people have been burned by not following his rules (they are not for the simple minded) and want to smear his name. He was the one who said not to panic when the markets collapsed. He also is predicting poor market conditions in Australia in the future and I think some people would not like to hear that. Some people don't want to hear the truth.

It's easy for a non-professional to make money in a bull market. It's impossible in a bad market. If anybody tells you different, breathalyze him. I feel Mr Spicer tries to do the right thing by his customers, he is not God and therefore makes mistakes. Use him for your research along with other sources.

My advice? Don't expect to make any money this year. Just pick the heart out of the good ones and wait. PS to the critics: Making any money from Motley Fools or Intelligent Investor in this market? I haven't.

+Quote Post
KarenRose
post Apr 24 2012, 02:25 PM
Post #10

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 292,177

If you want to find the truth about Trident Confidential check out their Growth Fund result. It is -5% over 2 years. Refer to link:

http://www.amhonline.com.au/trident/

If you want to lose money and time join Trident Confidential.

+Quote Post
Paid Advertisement

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Skin designed by IPB Forum Skins

FEATURED AD - NEW STATIC AD

Advertise on MMG Today!

Advertisement