Announcing the addition of 3D Secure extra security layer for VISA & MasterCard Payments - SolidTrust Pay adds even more security to card transactions.
Commonly known as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode, 3D Secure ensures an extra layer of protection for online credit/debit card transactions. Participating financial institutions are able, during the course of the transaction, to recognize if the transaction is being done by an authorized card holder. This enhances security when making payments online.
How 3D Secure impacts STPay users
1. Active Members, when adding funds to their account via their VISA or MasterCard, will be redirected to the 3D Secure area and prompted to enter their pre-chosen 3D password. (They are able to enroll during the transaction and choose a password if they do not already have one).
* NOTE – if the card issuer’s bank is not a 3D Secure participating institution, the member will not be presented with the 3D option.
* after a successful transaction, members will be returned to their STPay account where they can the transaction as pending in their Overview area.
2. Online shoppers interacting with any of our verified merchants will also be redirected to the 3D Secure area and prompted to enter their pre-chosen 3D password.
* after a successful purchase directly at the merchant’s website, the shopper will be returned to the merchant where they can review their purchase.
* if the transaction is unsuccessful it will be declined
Security Benefits of 3D Secured Transactions
The inclusion of these new security measures fit wonderfully with SolidTrust Pay’s long history of customer & merchant protection practices. Online shoppers are protected from abuse of their cards and merchants from unauthorized transactions.