Instructions. We know this is complicated but will become more streamlined as time goes by.
ALL members Must have a Mt. Gox Wallet and set up security keys
in order to receive funds. (instructions below on how to do that )
O ther BitCoin wallets are not set up to work wit h Merlin but more may be added after the launch.
I t is important that everyone in the program knows what to do.
If you follow the instructions 1 step at a time, it is actually very simple to do, but if you need any help, please contact your upline .
OPENING YOUR MOUNT GOX BITCOIN WALLET ACCOUNT
1. Go to: http://mtgox.com
2. Click the orange Sign up link text just underneath the login button on the right.
3. Enter your chosen username, email address, password and then select the desired base currency for your account. This can be any currency you like and most people simply select the same currency as their local one. As this is a financial account, for higher security your password should contain both upper and lower case letters, numbers and at least one special character like a * or a _ as this makes it much more secure and therefore much harder to crack.
4. Tick the box on the left to confirm that you agree to their terms of service and then submit the form.
5. Check your email for your account creation verification email and either click the link contained within or copy and paste the confirmation code into the box on the mtgox.com signup verification page along with entering your chosen user name to validate the account.
6. As it is a financial account, you are required to upload your KYC (Know Your Customer) documents but you can skip that part from now as long as you do remember to upload them later.
7. Now click on the ’HOME’ link at the top left of the top menu and then click on ’FUNDING OPTIONS’ which is the second option down on the left-hand menu , Click on "Add Funds". Then, Where it says "Please Choose a Funding Method" Choose "Bitcoins". Then scroll to the bottom of that page where it lists your new 34 bit bitcoin address...
To add bitcoins, send to this address (Please be advised that your bitcoin address will change every time that there is a transaction, but old addresses are still USABLE.):
This is your public bitcoin address and this is what you need to give to people so that they can send bitcoin payments to your new mtgox.com account.
You can use one address as many times as you like or each time you re-visit this page it will generate a new address for you. There are no limits to the number of bitcoin addresses that you can have and use at any one time. It can be useful to use different addresses for different types of payments so that you can easily keep account of how much you have received on each different address. i.e. you could give a different address to all of the people that you request money from in bitcoins and then it is very simple to see exactly how much each person has paid you in total on each different address.
8. Copy your 34 bit bitcoin address and email it to yourself so that you always have a copy of it close to hand. This is the bitcoin address that you will need to register on your profile page inside your new back office ready to receive your first gifts from Merlin.
9. You can now fund your mtgox.com account from any of a number of bitcoin exchanges on the internet or contact the person who introduced you for their help and guidance on which is currently the best option that they are recommending.
10. To send a gift, login to your mtgox.com account and again click on ’FUNDING OPTIONS’ which is the second option down on the left-hand menu but this time then click on the ’WITHDRAW FUNDS’ top menu option in the middle and then make sure that it says Bitcoins under where it says (Available withdraw methods). Next enter 1 in the amount box, copy and paste the 34 bit bitcoin address of the person who you have been instructed to send your gift to and then tick the lower of the three check-boxes beside the option: Pay 0.0005 BTC Fee For Faster Processing (Required For Transactions Below 0.01 BTC). Next, click on the ’CONFIRM’ button at the bottom of the form and you will then receive the transaction confirmation code.
The transaction is under way, for your information, the transaction ID is:
FUNDING YOUR MOUNT GOX BITCOIN WALLET ACCOUNT
You can now add funds to your new mtgox.com account by sending an International Bank Wire Transfer to their bank account in Japan. The instructions on how to do this are located in your mtgox.com back-office under the ’Funding Options’ section. Be sure to include the unique reference code displayed there so that they know which account to credit the funds to once they have received them. From the UK this option costs £10 in charges from most banks and usually takes 2 to 3 business days to arrive there.
Alternatively, you can set up a new account with okpay.com as you can transfer funds into their account faster from the UK and then do an instant transfer from there to your mtgox.com account. They charge a 2% loading fee and mtgox.com charge a further 1% at their end. So, depending how many coins you wish to purchase, you can decide which is the best option for you. If you decide to use okpay.com then you will need to upload your photo ID and a recent utility bill and wait for them to be approved before you will be able to transfer any funds into your new account there.
If you wish to open an okaypay.com account Click Here and go through the simple registration process.
In the US Dwolla.com and bitinstant.com are two other ways to fund your account.
Once they’ve opened and funded their mtgox.com account and got their bitcoins the final step is -
AUTHORISATION FOR MERLIN TO AUTOMATICALLY SEND AND RECEIVE GIFTS USING YOUR MOUNT GOX ACCOUNT WHEN YOU INSTRUCT HIM TO DO SO
1. Login to your Mount Gox account at: http://mtgox.com
2. Select the ’SECURITY CENTER’ option in the centre of the top menu.
3. Select the second tab from the bottom entitled:
Advanced API Key Creation
4. Where it asks for ’Key Name’ enter: MERLIN (All in capital letters).
5. Tick the two tick boxes beside ’Deposit’ and Withdraw’.
6. Click the ’Create Key’ button.
7. Copy the ’API Key’ and paste it into your Merlin ’Profile’ page where it asks for ’API Key’.
(You should also copy this to another file as a backup)
8. Copy the ’Secret Key’ and paste it into your Merlin ’Profile’ page where it asks for ’Secret Key’.
(You should also copy this to another file as a backup)
9. Next, click the bottom tab entitled:
Current API Keys
and you should see your new Merlin Key listed there.
9. Finally, save your updated Merlin profile information.
10. Once you have confirmed that all your details are correct on your Merlin ’Profile’ and you have added your bitcoin address and your mtgox.com API Key and Secret Key we then advise for added security locking down your profile page. Once it has been locked then your details can never, ever be changed again. NB The locking down your profile button will be live shortly, so keep checking your profile for that option as it is important. Just make sure nothing has been changed and all the information, keys, and addresses are correct before you lock the page!