Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Forum Guidelines:

The purpose of this forum is to discuss real estate investing. Please do not list properties "For Sale" in this forum. All advertisements belong in the "Ads and Promos" section.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Where Is The Cheapest Real-estate In The World ?, Looking for a bargain ....
5ky
post Aug 2 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #1

New MoneyMaker

Group: Member
Member No.: 177,498

After some wide-spread surfing i found some Real Estate in Detroit for less then $2,000.

Along with Bulgaria, this seems to be the cheapest in the World ....

Or do you know different??

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paid Advertisement

realist
post Aug 3 2009, 05:52 AM
Post #2

MMG Addict
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 145,079

QUOTE (5ky @ Aug 3 2009, 08:24 AM) *
After some wide-spread surfing i found some Real Estate in Detroit for less then $2,000.

I`ve never tried it, but I reckon if you search hard enough you`ll find some real estate in places like Bangladesh or in parts of Africa for a fraction of that. Lighten.gif

But, if you`re talking about places where you might realistically want to live, then I imagine that parts of eastern Europe (like you already mentioned, Bulgaria), are a good bet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stijn1234
post Aug 6 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #3

MMG Member

Member No.: 4,450

QUOTE (realist @ Aug 3 2009, 03:52 PM) *
I`ve never tried it, but I reckon if you search hard enough you`ll find some real estate in places like Bangladesh or in parts of Africa for a fraction of that. Lighten.gif

But, if you`re talking about places where you might realistically want to live, then I imagine that parts of eastern Europe (like you already mentioned, Bulgaria), are a good bet.

From the invest viewpoint it doesn't even matter if you could imagine living at the place where you buy some real estate of course smile.gif

Prices should be low now and most important of all: the region/country/city most have the potential to reach the 'western' (including Japan of course smile.gif ) standards of living between today and 15/20 years or so.

Bulgaria is a full member of the EU, many Western-European companies have opened or relocated companies to the region, the tourism is growing rapidly (as they have beautiful resorts at the Black Sea and skiing resorts during the winterime) and the economic growth is quite large.

But be careful with a couple of things in Bulgaria: the total population of Bulgaria is declining. Reasons: low birth rate and young people going to the West to find jobs that are better paid. Together will the low population density I think this is a reason that it can take many decades before prices in all the small towns that are far away from the seaside, the skiing resorts and the most important cities.
Fraud is also quite a problem in the country although the EU will definitely force Bulgaria to take action against it in the years to come.

So, if you ask me:

- Cheap real estate in the Varna-Burgas areas at the seaside: Yes!
- Cheap real estate in the growing capital Sofia and the skiing resorts: Yes!
- All the rest: be careful smile.gif

By the way, how about Detroit?? Aren't there other high costs involved when buying something for 2k$??? shocking.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
spacechimp
post Aug 15 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #4

MMG Member

Member No.: 20,004

QUOTE (Stijn1234 @ Aug 6 2009, 11:08 AM) *
By the way, how about Detroit?? Aren't there other high costs involved when buying something for 2k$??? shocking.gif

only the repair costs and POSSIBLY high taxes...which is ridiculous for houses with prices that low.

We've purchases properties for as low as 5k in west michigan...least HERE we can actually put tenants in these properties because rental market is strong.

--------------------

+Quote Post
lifeprotect
post Mar 24 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #5

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 199,223

You should find the cheapest real estate in the countries which having economical growth rate low. As well as compare dollar, rupee or pond rate with that country's money. Then you can get idea that in this country the real estate are at cheapest rate.

This post has been edited by lifeprotect: Mar 24 2010, 09:16 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stijn1234
post Apr 13 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #6

MMG Member

QUOTE (lifeprotect @ Mar 25 2010, 07:15 AM) *
You should find the cheapest real estate in the countries which having economical growth rate low. As well as compare dollar, rupee or pond rate with that country's money. Then you can get idea that in this country the real estate are at cheapest rate.

Albania can be an idea for people with a sense of adventure. They've become a candidate NATO-member (with major support of the US) and I'm pretty sure they have EU-membership ambitions as well in the mid-term.

If they can bring down corruption and organised crime their future definitely looks bright.... hard to say how long that will take of course.

From a European point of view Egypt seems to become the 'new Turkey' with cheap real estate at coastal resorts at the Red Sea. Not sure I want to live there though, enormous heath in the summertime...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stijn1234
post Sep 1 2010, 01:15 AM
Post #7

MMG Member

QUOTE (lynnihell @ Aug 30 2010, 04:24 PM) *
Bulgaria is nice place. It's a great offer to buy land at low price.

Prices in Bulgaria are indeed extremely low these days...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Talknet1
post Sep 25 2010, 05:25 AM
Post #8

MMG Member

Member No.: 156,773

QUOTE (realist @ Aug 3 2009, 06:52 AM) *

You can buy cheap real estates in Bangladesh but it will be difficult to sell these properties later on.

Africa is a good choice. There are lots of western people based in Africa. Also the tourism in Africa is high.

+Quote Post
NikolaDiger
post Oct 2 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #9

MMG Member

Member No.: 249,155

QUOTE (Talknet1 @ Sep 25 2010, 05:25 PM) *
You can buy cheap real estates in Bangladesh but it will be difficult to sell these properties later on.

Africa is a good choice. There are lots of western people based in Africa. Also the tourism in Africa is high.

Completely agree. But who wants to live there? And that's the answer why it is cheapest.

--------------------

+Quote Post
hona69
post Dec 8 2010, 11:49 PM
Post #10

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 265,657

Unfortunately Michigan, and namely Detroit has the cheapest real estate right now.....but it also has one of the lowest income of a state overall.....there are talks of a new automotive plant opening up again, but when? And, is 1 automotive plant going to save the city in the next 5 years? My client holds a huge amount of mortgages in Michigan (it is close to 50% of my current accounts)....sheesh, I have $3,000.00 in savings and could buy a 5 bedroom house with about 3000 sq feet on a short sale...but why?

--------------------
A random act of kindness gives you more time

+Quote Post
DonalyPiter
post Feb 14 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #11

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 400,411

Hi, if you are having plan to buy real state property in michigan then visit this > http://kim-belz.com/ site for useful information.

--------------------
The more we sweat in peace the less we bleed in war. ~Vijaya

+Quote Post
Mrgin03
post May 10 2012, 01:48 AM
Post #12

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 423,576

QUOTE (5ky @ Aug 3 2009, 12:24 AM) *

^^
I would include this information about the Top 5 Cheapest Countries in the World that possess cheapest real estate.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris2pher
post May 14 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #13

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 423,507

I agree with the above statement. There may be parts of Africa or Eastern Europe where there are incredibly cheap properties. For the purposes of flipping and selling real estate this may be ideal, but investing in a place you would actually want to live is different.

Being from the United States I can't really speak to actual markets in these types of places, but the cheapest areas in the state include:

Detroit, MI
Pittsburgh, PA
Rochester, NY
Memphis, TN
Tampa, FL
Celeveland, TN
Dayton, OH
Columbia, SC
Orlando, FL
Dallas-Forth Worth, TX

+Quote Post
Bnewfield
post Jul 4 2012, 09:12 AM
Post #14

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 447,478

I've always heard that land in Wyoming is dirt cheap. But it's probably not good for much unless you want to start your own cattle ranch or something :/

+Quote Post
robinsagg
post Jul 6 2012, 12:00 AM
Post #15

New MoneyMaker

Member No.: 448,224

QUOTE (5ky @ Aug 3 2009, 12:54 PM) *

ya jaypeeboutique is the best real estate consulting firm

+Quote Post
Paid Advertisement

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Skin designed by IPB Forum Skins

FEATURED AD - NEW STATIC AD

Advertise on MMG Today!

Advertisement