1. Decide what your blog is going to be about... make sure it is something you are interested in so you are not just creating a "job" but something fun that you will actually want to do
2. Do a search for your topic on forums, amazon, yahoo answers, and anywhere else you think people in your "niche" or topic would look for help. See how many people are talking about your niche. If you see a lot of people talking about it, it's probably a good one.
3. Do a search on google keyword tool for some words people might use to search for your topic to see how many people are actually searching. If you see a lot of people searching for your niche, that's good.
4. Do an actual google search for some of the keywords that had a lot of searches and see what comes up... if you see a lot of high authority sites... news sites, wikipedia, etc... this might be a hard one to rank for one search engines... even so if you like the niche and there are a lot of people talking about it, this part might not be as important.
5. Find some keywords that get a lot of searches and try to get the domain name with that keyword... go to www.WorldTopHost.com
and pick a place to host your new blog or if you already have a web host go to your web host and buy the domain name... most of the hosts on www.WorldTopHost.com
come with a free domain name (note: you only need one web host, no matter how many domain names you own).
6. Log into your new or old web hosting account and install Wordpress... there should be a button somewhere for easy install.
7. Now you have your blog set up... customize it with a theme.
8. Be sure to have a place to capture emails... you will probably need to give away a free report or something to get people to sign up... the free report should be very valuable to someone in your niche... this is really important... most people don't buy stuff the first time they come to your blog... you need a way to be able to stay in front of them.
9. Market your blog... lots of ways to do this...
Good luck! If you have any questions, just ask!
Signature removed by MMG staff member. Please check forum rules.