QUOTE (Atomreal @ Jun 19 2012, 04:17 AM)
I am so upset, doing this what someone wrote but nothing still remain this error: Sorry, but the URL you entered for your avatar was incorrectly formatted or the link is not valid. my link I use: http://tinypic.com/?t=postupload
I had this same problem. I was trying to upload my own photo without success. I found out my photo was too big and did not meet this forum's size requirements. Finally, I got it to work by re-sizing and re-hosting my photo. This is what I did:
1. Go to http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/
(This site will allow you to shrink your photo or image to a smaller size)
2. Upload your photo or image on the site, and put in the size you want it to be (Avatar size for this forum is 120, so type that in the size box)
3. Click re-size. Then download your new size photo, open it, and save it
4. find an image hoster, I used imageshack.com
5. Upload the new re-sized photo that you saved, *make sure you choose not to re-size it*
6. Once you upload, you should be given a direct link for your hosted image
7. Copy that link, go to the edit avatar area under your profile, and paste the direct link to your re-sized, hosted image into the avatar url box.
Your avatar should appear after this.