Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

ADVERTISE ON MMG. Contact Us Via E-mail at: MMGAdvertising@gmail.com  |   MMG SUPPORT: MMG Account Questions: support@moneymakergroup.com
All banners and external links on MoneyMakerGroup are advertisements only. We do not endorse or vouch for any advertiser's claims. Use Extreme Caution & perform your own due diligence before sending money to anyone!
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Adblock Detection
Rhyker
post Apr 17 2015, 01:26 AM
Post #1

MMG Member
Group Icon

Group: Lifetime Supporter
Member No.: 122,149

Just like many of you (probably) I use https://adblockplus.org

However as an occasional advertiser on MMG, I of course do not endorse that wink.gif

Maybe an idea to add side wide adblocker detection?

Coding snippet: http://goo.gl/osWFvg

This post has been edited by Rhyker: Apr 17 2015, 01:27 AM

--------------------
MoneyMakerGroup Lifetime supporter since 2008(!) endorses ...

More info about our 2x14 MATRIX team DOMINATING LEADERBOARDS in every company
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Paid Advertisement

HYIWG
post Aug 19 2015, 04:28 AM
Post #2

New MoneyMaker

Group: Member
Member No.: 576,019

Sounds like a good idea. I can't load the page right now. How much does it charge?

--------------------
Double Your Money Quickly and Safely
112% a Year Since 1999 Year after Year, Cummulative Return of Over 65000 Times
89% a Year Realized Return since 1999, $100 Turned Into $2.65 million

http://www.hyiwealth.com/

+Quote Post
MirelUTS
post Nov 30 2015, 05:28 AM
Post #3

MMG Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 454,147

I don't understand why this thread hasn't catch any attention so far? Forum must be fixed/updated as soon as possible as this is one of the MOST VITAL factors and it could continue to cost MMG alot of money unsure.gif

How? When someone buy advertisement and he's satisfied with the result - he'll buy again! If he's not satisfied - he won't buy again! It's that simple

These two screenshots are showing how MMG should always look like
(maybe with updated Facebook and Twitter icons rotflmao.gif )

And now look how terrible MMG looks with adblock.Banners are NOT the only one who get blocked but TEXT ADS also...even MMG supporter ad is blocked ohmy.gif
If I'm a new member and want to buy MMG Supporter while using ADBLOCK I wouldn't know where to go!

IMHO this is an urgent situation since advertisers are one of the people who are keeping this wonderful place available for all of us to share our experience and income opportunities with everyone for FREE wink.gif

Thank you,
Mirel

+Quote Post
realist
post Nov 30 2015, 06:42 AM
Post #4

MMG Addict
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 145,079

Some good points raised here, thanks. I'll speak with the other admins about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Uncle Awesome
post Dec 2 2015, 05:20 AM
Post #5

MMG Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 97,520

Will ask programmer to look at this

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirelUTS
post Dec 2 2015, 01:48 PM
Post #6

MMG Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Uncle Awesome @ Dec 2 2015, 02:20 PM) *
Will ask programmer to look at this

Great wink.gif

+Quote Post
MirelUTS
post Feb 5 2016, 05:56 AM
Post #7

MMG Member
Group Icon

No updates?

I've been just searching on google 'Windows 7 vs Windows 10' and I run onto this website which very professionally is raising awareness of AdBlock users

MMG Forum should use the same method

Check it out http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/win...10-vs-windows-7

+Quote Post
Rhyker
post Feb 6 2016, 01:39 AM
Post #8

MMG Member
Group Icon

My take on it ...

Admins at MMG are generally slow with implementing features. When is the first time I asked to add in Skype? 3-4 years ago? Into our http://www.moneymakergroup.com/edit-profile-info.html ... ICQ; dead. MSN;dead. Yahoo; almost dead; AOL? oh gosh does that still exist? Does this carry little priority? Sure smile.gif But no member can use MMG as a networking tool this way, affects forum growth, link usage.

And now the ads. Which is not a new problem either. But this one directly impacts revenue streams. Cause face it? Advertising at MMG ain't cheap, and with almost every user using some kind of an adblocker these days. How difficult is it? To force people to deactivate their adblocker? Infact if my memory ain't failing me? And it probably isn't; I already posted a code snippet about that 2 years ago.

So which one is it? Lack of knowledge? Lack of time? I got both. Also offered to be a moderator to clean up the HYIP/SCAM section. And turn MMG into a quality resource instead of a community where scam artists flourish and rob newbie users of their dreams. Neither would I mind to contribute my time and knowledge coding wise. As it's easy to biatch about all kinds of things. But I'm a lifetime supporter on this forum for a reason; and to turn it into something great ain't difficult. Why do you -- couple of admins -- think I asked a year ago to remove my account? Some people learn faster, than others. Some people like to give back to their communities. But if MMG keeps moving forward like this? Than it hurts our brand as professional networkers and money earners. While it could be so much more, more growth, more revenue .. more happy faces everywhere.

update: so put up a couple of vacancies. So we can apply ... and carry MMG to the next level; together!

This post has been edited by Rhyker: Feb 6 2016, 01:42 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rhyker
post Feb 6 2016, 01:46 AM
Post #9

MMG Member
Group Icon

oh heck I even started this topic ... only read mirelUTS response :D :D

Well there you admins have another CLUE. Foresight / innovation / prevention is better than fixing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MirelUTS
post Feb 10 2016, 06:49 AM
Post #10

MMG Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (Rhyker @ Feb 6 2016, 10:46 AM) *
oh heck I even started this topic ... only read mirelUTS response :D :D

Well there you admins have another CLUE. Foresight / innovation / prevention is better than fixing.

It seems that we're the one who cares the most for this stuff even if we don't care much about each other lol

MMG definately needs a huge update and 'link fixing'. I can't remember when was the last time that I sent my team to this Forum.... Before, I was doing it all the time (2-3 years ago)

+Quote Post
MirelUTS
post Feb 10 2016, 07:37 AM
Post #11

MMG Member
Group Icon

Btw it's too bad we missed our 'Info & Announcements' anniversary since it's been 2 years on 5th FEB from the latest official MMG update.... rolleyes.gif

Rhyker said most of the things and MMG Staff should take some more actions to improve this wonderful Forum we have. We paid for Supporters to help this Forum growing and members who pay monthly are doing the same. MMG provides plenty of benefits for admins and members. It's not overrated to say that MMG is a golden nugget in Passive Income Industry

Alexa ranking has stopped increasing. I believe that some successfull programs like TrafficMonsoon increased MMG traffic over the last year but from the end of octobter it's going down again

In the end, don't get me wrong. MMG is still #1 in this branche but I want it to stay there. We live in crazy times prone to changes. Luckily, MMG have a people who are ready to help if necessary, you just need to look for them peace.gif

+Quote Post
Rhyker
post Feb 10 2016, 07:40 AM
Post #12

MMG Member
Group Icon

sent a PM to an admin to get some eyeballs on this subject. Let's see what we the promise will be this time smile.gif

This post has been edited by Rhyker: Feb 10 2016, 07:41 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
realist
post Feb 11 2016, 08:26 AM
Post #13

MMG Addict
Group Icon

Admins really do appreciate the comments made in this thread. It might seem that we are ignoring you but the fact is there are several things we would like to do to improve the visitor-experience.

Rhyker, you posted
And now the ads. Which is not a new problem either. But this one directly impacts revenue streams. Cause face it? Advertising at MMG ain't cheap, and with almost every user using some kind of an adblocker these days. How difficult is it? To force people to deactivate their adblocker? Infact if my memory ain't failing me? And it probably isn't; I already posted a code snippet about that 2 years ago.

Also,
Neither would I mind to contribute my time and knowledge coding wise.

I'll PM you re the above.

--------------------

+Quote Post
realist
post Feb 11 2016, 08:58 AM
Post #14

MMG Addict
Group Icon

Doing some research on preventing adblockers makes me wonder just how effective it really is. It seems like there's a constant battle, and when someone comes up with an anti-adblocker, the adblockers come up with a way to circumvent it.

This is quite a lengthy article, but a lot of homework has been done by the writer. And this makes me wonder if there are better ways to get ads seen.

http://blog.pubnation.com/publishers-fight...combat-adblock/

--------------------

+Quote Post
zakintos
post Mar 1 2016, 01:55 AM
Post #15

MMG Member

Group: Member
Member No.: 582,899

On my site I'm implementing an Anti-AdBlock solution from UntouchableAds to bypass the Ad-Blockers.

+Quote Post
Paid Advertisement

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Skin designed by IPB Forum Skins

FEATURED AD - NEW STATIC AD

Advertise on MMG Today!

Advertisement