Ok it dosn't really matter what you gamble at, what matters is that you stick to what you know. Most everyone has a favorite game they like to play. Theres 2 catagorys (tables, and sports)
Examples Tables: blackjack, roulette, paigow, poker, craps ect.
Examples Sports: football, baseball, horse racing, boxing ect.
1. In both catagorys you will want to stick to 1 game/sport. Pick a favorite n stick with it ( this is only if you want to consider an income with gambling) If you know your game from every angle then you will unders4tand all the ends and outs. If you are busy trying different tables, and throwing money at everything that is called Getting lucky, and you will never develope a strategy to win.
A. Tables_Know your game:
2. Black jack: then you should learn to count cards. Decide if you want to play 1 or 2 decks, any more and you better be rain man because the math is to much.
3. Poker: then you should practices in free games, and when you learn the game then you should pratice with small amounts in real games, and when you develope a winning record move into the big bets, practice is the only way to get good at this game. Learn tips from others that have one they will be willing to tell you.
4. Roulette: develope a strategy for your betting amounts and times bet on A. outer B. Inner lines. some people cover 2 spots on a 2to1 so they have a 60% chance of winning. Sticking to the plan on roulette is your best way to win. Some people wait for the board to clear then start betting 0,00. The main thing is to know that you can bet on a single # 30 times before it dosnt pay out anymore. I could talk about roulette for ever on strategies, so i think i will make a seperate post just for this one.
5. Craps: this is tuff but you have to learn to shoot dice, you have to be consistent, so evertime you set the dice you need to set them that way evertime you throw. A good way to practice is by trying throws on a felt top pool table. Remember you will want to stand on somthing so it simulates a crap table more. The closer you can get it to a real crap table the better off you are, I would put up card board on the edges also. Practice not hitting the ends of the walls on a crap table this will create a more consistent roll. Remember to stick to a certian area that you bet on the board, if you only bet with the numbers then do that. but when you don't stay consistent with your bets, you will lose more then you win. Its just stats
6. Others games. you just need to know the ends and outs of the games, if its cards count, if its random things then set an amount and strategy, if its personal holding throwing, practice practice practice
B. Sports_Know your game:
7. This can be summed up in one, since all sports will have the same concept to a winning strategy. study your sports, know the odds, know every one in the sport, player, horse, car, team, ect.
A.Get Madden 08, and up date your self every year. this game will help you familiarize your self with every player in the league.
B. Parlay pays- this is the best way to bet because of huge odds. I won $260 on a $5 bet last week. and i do this almost every week!
c. alot a certain amount on a weekly basis. this will go for 17 weeks in the regular season. I bet $30 a week, and i come out smelling like roses at the end of the season.
D. anything past a 6 pick is going to be pure luck, so unless you just wana throw rocks i wouldn't recommend betting on more then a 6 pick, the chances of winning really get out there. 5 is your best bet......well its been the best for me.
9. Baseball, Basketball:
A. get there video game from EA sports they will have the most recent player stats! And it makes learning fun so you absorb sooo much more.
B. There are alot more games in a season but that dosnt change the fact that you can set and amount every week to gamble with. The good thing about these sports are that you will only want to watch 10 teams or less that you study everything about, because they play so much more, so you can get rich on simply betting these 10 teams.
c. dont bet the biggest odds, bet the winning odds,
A. Get FIFA 08 video game
B. these odds dont get to high, predicting goals thats tuff to, so just stick to who's gona win, dont get involved in the bets that request goal margins, because that is almost un predictable in soccer.
A. pick 2 divisions (heavy weight, welter weight, ect)
B. You only need to study for the fights when they are anounced. Following carreers are tuff in this sport, so any match can come up, they dont have a season like other sports. You just want to do home work on an up and comming fight. Study study study. Know every aspect of the match up between the two boxers ( arm lengeth, stance, highth, age, ect) All of this will come into play when they fight. there previous fights will tell you everything. if they lost to taller men, but won in the fights they had reach in then you will see the pattern,
C. bet with a boxers pattern. Alot of the time you can simply match them up to the contender, and call the match, you can get a good estimate of rounds. if your betting welter weights expect all rounds. if its light heavy weights there are more knock outs then any other weight class.
12. Horse racing:
A. Unless you know the owner of the horse, this is the worst paying, or greatest paying type of gambling in the world.
B. You can look at a track record of the horse, and other horses running, But alot of the time horse racing is set so this is a very hard sport to bet.
C. If you dont own a horse then, just hope you get lucky because there isn't alot of advice i can give you on this sport.
D. Only real tip- the majority of wins are the horses that meet the middle odds. example: (1to3 type).
13. remember the most important rules to winning are
A. know your game and everything about it. dont try to be good at everything, just be great at 1 thing
B. Set a $money limit, weather it be, per fight or weekly. It will make you work with what you got, and develop a pattern. Patterns make money
C. Bet the winning odds not the highest paying- they make them the highest paying for a reason.
D. Stick to a strategy. when it works dont start betting side bets. this will almost always lead to losing. If its roulette, then dont start throwing $20's down on red because it didnt come up, if your strategy is to bet zero's when the board clears. The same goes for sports or any thing else. stick to what you start out doing.
PS: if it hasn't worked from the begining, then you didnt make a winning strategy, so dont stick to it if it's been tryed and tested and has not worked. That would just be dumb.
E. Enjoy the game you pick. If you dont like football your never gona like betting it. if you only like the odds in craps, you may not be willing to learn the game
PS: sorry if there are any spelling errors. I will be writing other articles to better your battle with casino's. Im an experienced gambler that has made a good living with it, I enjoy helping others do the same.